Saturday 19 March 2016

Painting Part 1

I think the first thing most home owners think about on moving in is 'when can we get rid of that paint'. Colour is a personal thing, and one person's avant-garde chill-out zone is someone else's Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen-fuelled nightmare.

This was particularly pressing for us as we'd decided to set up our main room in what was a child's bedroom, and had been decorated accordingly. It was instantly christened the Luuuurve Room by friends who should really know better, and I as instantly resolved to paint over the whole damn lot. 

So resolved, in fact, that I cracked open the paint just two days after we moved in... Valentines Day.



I used the cheapest B&Q emulsion I could find. I do not recommend doing this, for anyone else who might be considering removing large gloss paint hearts from their sleeping area.

The hearts took about 8 coats to cover. But it was totally worth it to stop the jokes.


No comments:

Post a Comment